Friday, November 2, 2012

Canon EOS 5D Mark III is Great Dslr Camera

Dslr camera black friday, I am amazed at how many features this camera has. It's focusing is extremly fast and the lens is quiet in video mode. The 23 mpx makes photos suprisingly clear. Compared to the Xsi and the T4i that I already have, it is some larger and heavier. I think I will need some time to learn all of its features. Well, done, Canon is good dslr camera. If there is already capability for wifi and GPS built into the body of the camera like the 6D, why it that the separate kit for wifi and GPS for the 5D III are still so bulky and worse still, not combined into a single kit.? Latest 5D III purchasers feel cheated. Definitely not happy. Apart from that, great dslr camera black friday.

dslr black friday, What a breath of fresh air after having to suffer with the Canon 5DII. Getting good focus is not a miss or hit thing anymore, and I don't have to wade through tons of photos to filter out the ones that "made it" with regards to focus. The 5DIII is the real deal and just nails every single focus and exposure and makes it almost impossible to take a bad picture. Where I used to have to take 5 or more pictures of a single opportunity in hope of stumbling over a keeper with my 5DII, now every picture simply is perfect. ISO performance is incredible and noise is great even at ISO 6400, this opens up so many new avenues that were simply not there. I especially love the flexibility I now have with my 580EX II flashes where I can use ISO 3200 and minimal flash to capture surrounding ambiance in night photos ... it almost looks like no flash was used. Nothing really bad that I can point to with this camera, it really is the by far my best DSLR camera purchase ever.

Dslr black friday, Ive gone from the Canon 20D to the Canon5D to the 5dmk2 and recently made the decision to upgrade to the Canon5dmk3. Both of my 5Dmk2 shutter lives were over the 150,000 "clicks" from Canon so I used that to justify my upgrade. I sent in the 5d2 for service as I am going to keep one of them for backup and to second shoot.

I have reviewed things before like the Canon 70-200mm f2.8 v2 lens HERE. Once again this review doesn't contain any charts and scientific mathematical optical graphs comparing the 5dmk2 to the 5dmk3. But I do have real world (for me) tests.

Ive had 5 sessions with the new 5DMK3...here is MY mini review with 5 images (edited in LR and CS6)

1) Focus is light years better than mk2. Canon finally got it right. My 50mm 1.2 that I never use because of poor performance with my mk2 (even after sending it in to Canon to have them calibrate it together) is now spot on. You can pick your focus point with your zoom or primes at IT NAILS IT. Using the dials I can pick the tiny red square where I want it to focus on my portraits and guess what? It nails it! No more trying to lock focus at 2.8 or wider then recomposing, zooming in, trying it again, over and over. Although it is a hard habit to break from 4 years with the 5dmk2s. But I finally feel confident when the shutter clicks (which is probably how most Nikon users already feel).

2) The camera seems "faster".The shutter makes a more "confident" sound without being louder... and is quicker. Sounds like a "quiet" machine gun that the other cameras (like Nikon) must sound like when shooting multishot.

3)The screen is gorgeous, bright, and HUGE. The magnification with one press takes you right into a zoom. No more plus, plus,plus,plus,plus to look at eyes then minus,minus,minus,minus,minus to back out. It looks amazing and clear...even outdoors in bright sun at the beach. Its like going from a 13inch laptop screen to a 30inch monitor. The only thing that it a hard habit to break is Canon moved the magnifying glass to the other side of the camera so I keep pressing the wrong button with my thumb to magnify. It is now on the left which will take some time getting used to. I think you have two choices: Trade to the Nikon system OR get the 5d3 to stay with Canon. I have shot with Nikon before. It feels like that when shooting with the 5d3-fast, confident, spot on focus. Everything else is the beautiful images that canon users have learned to love and the fast prime lenses love this camera as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment